Use The Google Search Bar To Search Our Site
Set as Homepage By Dragging Link To Home Icon In Your Browser
Take a moment to check out the Site Map and view the whole site from a single location and check out all the simple and quick recipes on the whole site from one spot. Don't forget to stop on by and visit Our Online Store for some great deals for your whole home insidde and out.
Click on image to view other dishwasher recipes
Dishwasher Salmon with Cilantro Sauce
Ingredients for salmon:
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heavy-duty aluminum foil
Ingredients for cilantro sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 leek, white part only, finely chopped and thoroughly washed
1 shallot, minced
1 jalapeno chili, seeds and membranes removed, finely dic 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves (stems removed before measuring)
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons sour cream
1. Cut two 12-inch pieces of aluminum foil.
2. Grease the shiny side of the foil with the oil. Place 2 fillets side by side on each square and fold up the outer edges.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon lime juice over each fillet. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fold and pinch the aluminum foil extra tightly to create a watertight seal around each pair of fillets.
5. Place foil packets on the top rack of the dishwasher. Run dishwasher for the entire wash and dry cycle. (To heighten the theatrics, ask your guests to crowd around the dishwasher when you put the salmon in.)
6. When cycle is complete, take out salmon (in front of your disbelieving guests), discard foil, place one
fillet on each plate, and spoon a generous serving of cilantro sauce over top.
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a saute pan.
2. Add the leek, shallot, jalapeno, and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent but not brown.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the stock. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. (Adjust heat as required to simmer.) The liquid should reduce by half.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Transfer to a blender or food processor and add the cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth.
6. Add the sour cream and "pulse" until mixed. Set aside. Secret: Make sure the packet is airtight by pressing down on it gently with your hand. If air escapes easily, repackage.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...